Access Membership is open to customers with any disability, as defined by the Equality Act (2010). To register, we ask for details of your access requirements and proof of eligibility in our online registration form.
- We can accept a wide range of documents as proof of eligibility; examples are provided below. This will enable you to book accessible seats and concessions for yourself.
- Our Essential Companion ticket scheme is now administered by Nimbus Disability’s Access Card on our behalf. If you do not already have a Nimbus Access card, please apply for an Access Card via their online form at HERE. You can choose to apply for the fully transferable Access Card, accepted by a wide range of organisations for a small charge, or if you prefer, a free version of the card specific to ATG venues.
The membership and proof of eligibility criteria are kept under review and may be updated from time to time and differ depending on which features of the scheme you wish to use. Please read our full Terms & Conditions which apply to all bookings.
Proof of eligibility
The Access Card is our preferred document because this supports a consistent approach across all ATG venues and other similar organisations, and reduces the amount of sensitive personal data you need to share with us.
The document must clearly belong to you and identify that you have a disability as defined by the Equality Act (2010). Please note items such as RADAR keys or Sunflower Lanyards cannot be accepted as it is not evident that these belong to a particular individual. We also cannot accept ID cards for carers, as Access Membership is for the Deaf or disabled individual themselves.
Proof of eligibility documents we can accept include:
- The Access Card from Nimbus Disability
- Hynt Card
- CEA Card
- UK Disabled ID Card / DID Card
- National Rail Disabled Persons Railcard
- Disabled Person’s Freedom Pass
- Local travel pass for disabled customers
- Blue Badge (both sides)
- Certificate of Visual Impairment or Dual Sensory Impairment
- Official confirmation in writing that you are Deaf or use a hearing aid, such as a battery prescription
- Assistance Dog ID Book
- Evidence of receipt of government benefits for reasons of disability, which could include:
- Front page of Disability Living Allowance at any rate
- Front page of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) at any rate
- War Disablement Pension or War Pensioner’s Mobility Allowance
- AFIP (Armed Forces Independence Payment)
- Continuing Healthcare Package letter
- Employment and Support Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance letter
- Attendance Allowance letter
- Direct Payments award for reasons of disability
- Social Care Package award for reasons of disability
- An official, signed document or letter from a GP, social worker, nurse or other medical professional confirming a disability as defined by the Equality Act (2010)
- An equivalent international document or ID card.
If you believe you are eligible but do not have the required proof, we provide a free online service to arrange this via the Access Card from Nimbus Disability, a third-party organisation who specialise in accessibility. This service is available at: https://app.accesscard.org.uk/apply/atg/. You can choose between a free service which will provide you with proof of eligibility for use at ATG venues only, or upgrade to the full Access Card for use with a wide range of other organisations.
Please note you must provide your proof of eligibility before your online booking account will be enabled or any Access price tickets will be released to you, the same as for any other type of concession pricing.
We also have a Personal Assistant or Essential Companion policy.