Follow these steps to find the Covid-19 app on your Android:
Step 1 - Find and install the NHS COVID-19 app on the Google Play Store
- Find the Google Play Store app and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on the Search for apps & games search box.
- Type in “NHS COVID-19” to search for the app. You'll see a list of results. Select the app with the name “NHS COVID-19 app”.
- Tap on Install to start downloading.
Step 2 - Switch on Bluetooth in your phone’s settings
- Once the app has downloaded, you’ll need to switch on Bluetooth so that it can work.
- Go to your phone’s home screen. Find Settings and tap on it to open.
- Scroll down in Settings until you find Connected devices or Connections and tap on it to open.
- Find Bluetooth and tap on it. You may need to open Connected preferences to find Bluetooth, depending on your phone model.
- Tap the slider button next to Bluetooth to switch it on. It should change colour once Bluetooth is on.
Step 3 - Using the app
- Return back to your phone’s home screen where you can see all of your apps. Find the NHS COVID-19 app and tap on it to open.
- Your NHS COVID-19 app is now up and running.
- You can use your phone as normal. However, make sure you keep the app running in the background and your Bluetooth turned on.