Follow these steps to find the COVID app on your iPhone:
Step 1 - Find the NHS COVID-19 app on the App Store
- Find the App Store app and tap on it to open it.
- Tap on Search at the bottom of the screen.
- Type in “NHS COVID-19 app” in the search bar.
- You’ll see a list of results for different apps.
Step 2 - Download the app from the App Store
- On your screen you can now see the NHS COVID-19 app.
- Tap on the GET button.You might be asked to type in your Apple ID details to confirm your identity. You can also use fingerprint or face verification, if you’ve already set these up.
Step 3 - Switch on Bluetooth in your iPhone’s settings
- Once the app has downloaded, you’ll need to switch on Bluetooth so that it can work.
- Go to your iPhone’s home screen. Find Settings and tap on it to open.
- Scroll down in Settings until you find Bluetooth. Tap on it to open.
- Tap the slider button next to Bluetooth to switch it on. It should turn green once Bluetooth is on.
Step 4 - Using the app
- Return back to your phone’s home screen where you can see all of your apps.
- Find the NHS COVID-19 app and tap on it to open.
- Your NHS COVID-19 app is now up and running.
- You can use your phone as normal, however make sure you keep the app running in the background and your Bluetooth turned on.